Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Over the last ten years Gordon has been refining how to help people move from a model of relationship that is not working, and replace it with a model of relationship that works better for them. He does this by addressing early life grief, losses, and other deep disappointments that have undermined their lives, their relationships and their sense of purpose in powerful, often hidden ways.
This approach has been helpful with people who struggle with:
- Worry and anxiety in those who push themselves to hard or avoid taking meaningful risks.
- Depression caused by unresolved grief/loss, chronic anxiety or by burnout.
- Difficulty speaking up for themselves or holding a core position.
- Low self-esteem/self doubt.
- Difficulty reducing or managing anger.
- Trauma resolution.
- Relationship problems.
- Job performance problems.
Over the last three years he has been moving from utilizing this solely with individuals to working with couples to reduce mistrust and conflict, increase self-soothing in conflict and increase mutual respect and understanding.
Gordon and Paul Mavrogeorge LMFT have been collaborating to develop a more comprehensive model for treating sexual addiction.
For recreation, Gordon likes to read books relevant to his work, watch movies, and ride his motorcycle.